Commerce Department got established with the inception of the college in the year 1972, it was the trend breaker over Science and Arts of those time. Our college accommodates the largest strength of commerce students as compared to any other streams/programme.
There are two Teaching faculties catering to a large population of students with a belief in the innovative method of teaching, hence the majority of students opt to continue their master’s in our college itself.
The Commerce Department had shown flexibility in adopting diverse methodologies to be incorporated into the teaching and learning process.
- Name : Prof. M. M. Turile
- Designation : Principal
- Name : Prof. V. S. Borole
- Designation : Associate Professor
- Dr. B.R. Honparkhe (M. Com, M.Phil, Ph.D): Is HOD of the Department of Commerce. He is an Associate professor.
He has attended, participated and presented research papers at various National and International Conferences, and Seminars organized by affiliated colleges, University of Mumbai and other Universities.
His research papers are published in Conferences, Seminars Proceedings and also Published in: the Global Journal of Management Application, Applied research and development Institute Journal and Research Journal. He has attended State and National level webinars.
He has received an appreciation certificate for a joint paper presentation at KIIT University, Bhubaneshwar.
He has awarded the Best Teacher in the year 2014 by Our College.
- Mrs. Amrita Ajit Jadhav(M. Com, NET, PGDHR, MBA): She has been working as an Assistant professor in the Department of Commerce since November 2008.
She is pursuing a Ph. D in the area of HRD From the Research Centre – Lala Lajpat Rai College of Commerce and Economics affiliated with the University of Mumbai.
She has successfully completed One Orientation course, Two refresher courses, One Faculty Development Programme and PhD Course work.
She has 11 years of research experience. She has published 14 research papers in National and International Journals and Conference proceeding in UGC care listed with high impact factors.
She has attended 64 Workshops, Seminars, Conferences and Webinars.
She has presented 16 research papers on diverse platforms.
Being our college situated in Tribal district- Palghar getting the majority of students coming from nearby vicinity from Vasai till Dahanu western railway. We strictly follow reservation criteria at the time of admission, making this diversity is our strength, we cater to the need of students. Commerce students not only excel in academics but also showcase their talent in Cultural activities like Dance, Folk, Music, Drama, and Rangoli. From the first year onwards, we guide and encourage them to pursue a professional degree like Company Secretary, Chartered Accountancy, MBA and also opt for higher studies abroad.
- Priya Ronald D’Costa: Passed B.com in 2019, did her CA in 2021 , completed her diploma in International financial reporting standards from ACCA, London and selected for Masters in Computer and Information Technology in Pennsylvania, USA and presently she is working for FlipKart
- MeenakshiNair: completed her graduation in B. Com in 2018. She cleared 2 exams one of Bassein Catholic Co.op Bank & other of BARC. In December 2020 she was selected as Junior Purchase Assistant under Department of Atomic Energy and posted to Chennai at Madras Regional Purchase Unit. Meanwhile she also completed her MCom from IDOL in 2020.
Department is always actively involved in the progress of students, hence undertakes various programmes. Department encourages reading habits and suggests students refer newspapers, books, Journals and also online resources in the College’s centralized library.
Department is actively involved in various committees like Admission, Cultural, NSS, NAAC and IQAC, WDC etc.RecentlyCommerce department in coordination with different departments and in collaboration with St. Gonsalo Garcia, Vasai and Padmashree Bhausaheb Vartak College, Virar Organised “a webinar on Union Budget 2022-23: A Glance” where students had contributed their research papers.
Department is spacious enough to facilitate easy movement of teaching faculties. The Department is well equipped with one Computer table, one table and three chairs.
For storage purposes department has two Cupboards. To bring pace in the college work, the department has provided computers.