Dr. Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil was born on 22 September, 1887 at Kumbhoj, in the Kolhapur district of Maharashtra. His native place is Aitawade Budruk, Dist. Sangli. He understood the root cause of social evils and therefore laid the foundation of Rayat Shikshan Sanstha in 1919. He started a Boarding House at Kale (Tal-Karad, Dist.-Satara). He spread education to the doors of poor and downtrodden people. According to him education can bring Social, Economic and Cultural emancipation. For such noble cause he sacrificed all his personal and family pleasures.
The college is named after Late Hon. Dhondisheth Patloji Bhosale, who was a wrestler and industrialist but had a great concern for education. He believed that education can change the social and economic condition of the society. He supported the grate mission of Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil through donation and became a philanthropist in the history of the college.
Our Parent Institute
Rayat Shikshan Sanstha, Satara is one of the foremost institutes in Asia, imparting education to down trodden and needy people. This institution has a motto ‘Education through self-help’. The most remarkable feature of this sanstha is ‘Earn and Learn Scheme’.
The college is committed to impart quality education to the students, keeping pace with global needs to fulfill the highest standards of educational, social, cultural and economic needs, for all-round development of students and stakeholders with ethics and accountability.
- To impart quality education to young generation for generating skilled human resource of high caliber.
- To provide education to all the classes of society especially economically and socially backward sections.
- To inculcate values like gender equality, social equality, co-operation and mutual understanding, sportsmanship, dignity of labour, etc. for all-round development of students.
- To promote a sense of equality, national integration, social justice, secularism among the students and to act as a catalyst in socio-economic transformation for national development.
- To initiate and impart time relevant and innovative programmes promoting optimal use of advanced and timely upgrading technologies.
- To enhance quality enrichment programmers giving more access to entrepreneurship skills.
- To generate financial resources for quality initiatives in promotion of academic and administrative activities.
- To organize academic events like seminars/conferences/workshops and training programmers
- To monitor and evaluate curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- To assure all stakeholders about the qualitative and quantitative output.
- To obtain and review the feedback taken for quality improvement.